Roses and chocolate are everywhere and your patrons are officially on the lookout for Valentine’s Day date ideas. You might think that this holiday is all about a romantic dinner but it doesn’t have to stop there. Events can be the unsung hero for any suitor looking to make a great impression. From classic shows like Funny Girl and Cabaret to college sports and concerts, don’t hold back when planning this special night. We’ve put together a compilation of exciting celebrations from our members to inspire you.
It’s no secret that many patrons wait until the last minute to plan their dates. They are looking for something they know will hit the mark, and we see from our members’ ticket sales that music shows are often the most successful. After all, music and romance go hand in hand. According to past Vendini sales data, salsa music, classical music and musicals like “Rock of Ages” are some of the most popular options among Vendini members for Valentine’s Day. In 2018, Gilberto San Rosa’s show at the Arena Theater in Houston, TX sold the most Feb. 14 tickets, while Travis Tritt’s 2019 show at the University of Central Arkansas is taking the lead in Conway, AR. No matter which style you choose, music is sure to be a hit with almost any crowd. Some other popular music performances from our members this year include:
- ABBACADABRA – The Ultimate ABBA tribute at the C.V.P. Community Center in Pembroke Pines, FL
- Julian Bliss Septet – A Tribute to Benny Goodman at the Armstrong Auditorium in Edmond, OK
- Atlantic Starr Valentine’s Day Concert at the BAL Theatre in San Leandro, CA
You may not think of sports as a big Valentine’s Day date option, but our members prove otherwise. In 2018, the UNA Basketball vs. Auburn Montgomery game in Florence, AL had the second highest ticket sales among members for that night and this year Santa Clara University Athletics’ Men’s Basketball Game vs. Saint Mary’s College is trending toward the top spot. Hockey is another fan favorite on Valentine’s Day. Some other popular games this year include:
- Central Washington University’s Men’s Basketball Game vs. The University of Alaska-Fairbanks at the Nicholson Pavilion in Ellensburg, WA
- Ashland University’s Men & Women’s Basketball Games vs. Purdue Northwest at the Kates Gymnasium in Ashland, OH
- Seattle Pacific University’s Men’s Basketball Game vs. Western Oregon at the Royal Brougham Pavilion in Seattle, WA
Patrons often look to break out of their routine and spice up their Valentine’s Day plans. Many of our members have dinner shows, allowing for a unique dining experience that’s outside the norm. Others just jump straight into dessert by hosting chocolate-making workshops, because sweets are the way to anyone’s heart!
Valentine’s Day isn’t just about couples; it also includes celebrating friendships. Some of our members hold celebrations for what we like to call “Galentine’s Day.” The Outdoor Resort Palm Springs held a popular Ladies Luncheon in 2018 and this year the Country Roads RV Village in Yuma, AZ is hosting a Men’s Valentine luncheon. Some other creative ideas from our members include:
- Buddy Holly Tribute: A Valentine’s Day Sock Hop at the Reilly Arts Center in Ocala, FL
- Valentine’s Day Dinner & Dance at the Arizona Traditions in Surprize, AZ
With Valentine’s Day spending expected to top $18B this year, make sure your venue is poised to capture its share. Choose the best events to resonate with your patrons and add a show today!
If you’re not a Vendini member and you’re interested in learning more about how we can simply your events, request a demo today!